On March 8th, Alberta will implement new requirements for selling Cannabis online, and allow Licensed Cannabis Retailers to offer cannabis delivery directly to their customers!
Everything you need to know.
This blog post will tell you what you need to know about AGLC’s new rules, offering Cannabis Delivery, and how Buddi can set you up for success.
Below are the things you need to know from AGLC:
- Self-attestation by entering age or a drop-down selection of date of birth is no-longer sufficient. Retailer websites will be required to have a hard age-gate set before shoppers view product content, such as product images, THC/CBD, Terpenes, etc. Basic information, namely product name, price, and availability are still permitted prior to a hard age-gate.
- The only way your customers can order online is by using an age-verified customer profile. This includes website orders for both pick-up and delivery, and for viewing the menu as well. Customer profiles can be created and age-verified either in-store, or through online methods - see more details below on how Buddi meets these standards.
- Age verification can also be completed using something like Equifax AgePoint, which verifies the age and location of your customers, however this method is largely seen as cost prohibitive. Ultimately, the method for age verification will be up to the retailer to decide. Once the customer account is created, the customer will not have to verify their age again.
- Licensees cannot use 3rd party marketplaces to facilitate online orders and delivery. All online sales must be conducted through websites owned and operated by the licensee.
- After March 8th, AGLC inspectors will begin checking cannabis retailers websites and enforcing the new requirements. Any platform that promotes cannabis products or accessories will be held to the same standard, or else retailers cannot use it.
We will set you up. No problem.
Buddi is AGLC compliant and equipped to handle these changes which means you don’t have to stress, we’ve got you covered. At the end of this email we will tell you exactly what you need to do to get your store ready.
Offer Delivery. Sell More.
These days, customers want everything delivered right to their door and providing Cannabis Delivery will help you sell more.
Want to offer Cannabis Delivery?
Our Cannabis Delivery solution is FREE and AGLC compliant. Our team can easily get you set up and then you will be able to:
- Easily Accept Delivery Orders
- Easily Fulfill Delivery orders
- Easily Set Delivery Fees
- Customize Delivery Zones
- Collect Online Payments
What do you need to do?
Are you currently using Buddi? We can turn on Hard Age-gating for you and set up your store to offer Cannabis Delivery at no cost. Simply follow the steps below to get started:
- To turn on hard-age gating, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Store Name, Website URL and Location(s) you would like enabled
- Indicate if you also want to start offering Cannabis Delivery and accept online payments
- Once your website is updated, notify AGLC to have them verify that you are in compliance with the new rules
- AGLC will approve your updated website and review operating procedures with you
- That’s it!
Don’t have Buddi but you need a solution that is compliant with AGLC’s new age verification rules AND allows you to take delivery orders? Email us at email@example.com to get started.
We would LOVE to set you up. Our solution is free and used by Cannabis Retailers all across Canada. This is what we do!